It is hard to resist the temptation to buy the newest and most effective cleaning products, but don’t forget that they contain a lot of carcinogenic chemicals and allergens. They can be replaced with products that are not toxic and which you prepare at home.
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and wash the wood flooring with this solution. The room will smell fresh and the parquet will be clean and disinfect.
- Another option is to mix ¼ cup of borax with ½ teaspoon of mild liquid dish detergent (mild, or for sensitive skin). This solution will disinfect the floor in an instant.
- Dishwashing detergent can be mixed with vinegar in a ratio of 1:4. The solution will make your parquet shine.
- For the flooring that has a very dark color is recommended using ¼ cup of cooled black tea, 1/8 cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. Mix all ingredients and pour a little of the composition obtained in bucket with water. Soak the mop and clean the flooring with it. The floor will dry quickly and the disinfection effect is intense.
- A complex blend that cleans and polishes the wood flooring is prepared from: ½ cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil soap, ¼ cup of alcohol, 2 cups of warm water, and essential oils for fragrance.
- For a strong floor polisher you need ½ cup of lemon juice, ¾ cup olive oil and 3 liters of hot water.
- Another mixture that seems to work both cleaning and polishing of wood floors is olive oil with lavender essential oil and two tablespoons of vinegar to 2 liters of warm water.
- Your floor will look like new and will be perfectly clean, without unsightly stains if you use a solution of vinegar and alcohol. You’ll need 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 cup of alcohol, 1 cup of water and 3 drops of liquid dishwashing detergent.